It’s worth stating the obvious: you can’t please everyone. This is especially true in project management, where stakeholders have different agendas:
- Company Executives want to make as much money in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Clients want the largest amount of features at the lowest cost in the shortest amount of time.
- Motivated Team Members want to do relevant work and have their ideas be heard.
- Unmotivated Team Members just want to do as little work as possible and go home to their families.
- Customers want a cheap product or service that does everything and then some.
- And a list of others whom you can only guess what they want.
So the next time you make a decision someone doesn’t like (and it will happen), just remind yourself: You can’t please everyone. What you can do is weigh the choices and make the best decision possible for the project.
Share and Enjoy