The Way the World Works
If the world worked the way I’ve been told it works, then:
- My dyslexia would have stonewalled my ability to learn.
- My best years would have occurred in high school.
- I wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure of the ‘real world.’
- I’d never be much more than a housewife.
- I’d be living back in Jerome, Idaho.
- I would still be married to a man who didn’t love himself, much less me.
- I’d never write for a living.
- I would get a job that I hated just to pay the bills.
- I would never dream of starting a business.
- I would always do what I’m told.
- I’d be ‘miserable’ like everyone else.
Glad to say the world doesn’t work the way I’ve been told. It works the way I believe it should.
Share and Enjoy